As a Senior Engineer Embedded Systems / Senior System Architect you need to be adept in your technical knowledge as well as your business skills.
Your main responsibility and focus will be within development of innovative Embedded Computer Systems in a collaborative cross functional team’s.
You will be working closely with our Nordic and UK Engineering teams in benchmarking / debugging, test, setup and support of IPC- and embedded solutions, as well as being responsible for pre- and post-sales support activities. You will have to understand at depth our development and product features, tools and design flows and facilitate adoption of these solutions with a variety of customer systems.
Your task is to conduct Embedded System Design, HW Design, remove technical barriers to a sale and help close business. We expect you to be self-driven and to have a passion for embedded solutions, and quality in your profession. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills is mandatory.
- Stay on top of the technology and business to be an expert in your profession
- Consult the clients through the process of design, testing and building on re-engineering and new product development projects
- Interact closely with the leading technology vendors to understand the new technologies/architectures being rolled out
- Proactively come up with Proof-Of-Concept (POC) designs for various use-cases/real-time applications leveraging the latest tools and technologies available
- Drive the pre- and post-sales activities
Our Tools – Experience & knowledge preferred:
- Design of digital and analog electronics and components qualification
- Schematic in Cadence Capture OrCad
- Simulation in PSpice
- Allegro PCB layout on review level and troubleshooting
- Board bring up and troubleshooting
- Production preparation and finalizing of prototypes
- EMC/EMI certification for industrial/maritime/military is a plus
- Mechanical Drawing / Flow Simulation / Heat simulation etc. in SOLIDWORKS is a plus
- Product-Lifecyle-Management (PLM) workflow knowledge is a plus
Background, education and skills:
BSc or MSc graduatefrom streams of Engineering such as Electronics and Communication (ECE), Electrical and Electronics (EEE), Computer Science / Informatics, Embedded Systems or Cybernetics.
- Strong competence within Electronics, PC HW/BIOS/FW, Networks, Mechatronics, EMC/EMI, Cyber Security, Windows/Linus/RTOS etc.
- Strong experience (5-10 years) from HW and SW design and development in a structured and QMS driven environment. Experience from Project Management and Project Documentation is an advantage.
- Business and Sales – must understand the nuances that drive the sales and procurement decisions.
- Market and competition – have a proactive drive to understand the latest products, boards & tools available in the market, and the ability to leverage the market intelligence while consulting clients on their product designs.
- Communications skills – Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills along with the willingness to travel. English is the company language, and it’s a requirement to master a Scandinavian language as well.
- Team working skills – working as part of the engineering team, as well as interaction with the sales team, suppliers and customers, is a key part of the role.
What’s in it for you:
As Senior Engineer Embedded Systems / Senior System Architect you will work with both internal stakeholders and external partners/customers on leading edge technology. You will face small and large, demanding and exciting projects and customers. We have a large international partner network; We work with the engineers of our partners in Taiwan, Europe and the United States.
In a small company, you will be involved in projects from A to Z and will develop in several disciplines and establish relationships with HW / SW developers and product managers around the world. You become part of an offensive Recab Team in a sales-oriented organization with a flat structure and open sharing culture. You will have an independent position, with a high degree of influence over own workday.
Scope: Full time.
Driver’s license: Required, B-license
Language: Swedish and English in speech and writing.
Location: Hägersten (Västberga), Stockholm.
Questions about the service are answered by: Carolin Burlin Tel: +46 70 683 07 28
CV with personal letter for Senior Engineer Embedded Systems / Senior System Architect – sent to:
HR Manager Adam Ringh firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +46 73 048 71 75.
Interviews take place on an ongoing basis.
We handle your personal data in accordance with the GDPR.
Recab is a Nordic IT company with headquarter in Stockholm. We are part of the Addtech Group,
a listed technology group with over 2900 employees in 130 companies and with more than 10 billion DKK in turnover. Recab develops innovative embedded computer systems, industrial communication, machine vision & sensors for demanding applications.
Our main markets are defence & avionics, maritime/offshore, energy, transportation, communications, industrial automation, and science. We support world leading customers, and cooperate with world leading partners & suppliers, and world class quality is mandatory for what we provide. We are ISO9001:2015 and ISO14001:2015 certified, and we continuously seek innovation, and systematic quality improvements.