Your future challenge
MilDef IT have started a journey to become a strategic, modern and a proactive function within the organization. An IT function with a goal to contribute to the value-creation for our business. We are now taking the first step to add software development capabilities to the team. This is a great opportunity to be a part of forming a software development service that develop and delivery highly efficient software applications that facilitate the business in their daily work.
The scope of the position is from problem analysis and design to the deep hands-on coding and troubleshooting in software components and the running IT infrastructure. As a hands-on software developer within the IT department, you prioritize the business needs and strive to be proactive. You understand the agile software development as well as the DevOps principles and act accordingly. Your integrity is high, and you understand the power of the unity within a team.
You have experiences to manage problem analysis and software design and you are also capable to transform abstract to working software which means that you code almost every day. The software development process is important and high level of automation is a driver and software quality are something that you do not negotiate with.
Security is prioritized in your daily work with software development. You have a well understanding of the overall context and how to prevent security incidents to occur in the software solution you develop.
Your like to learn new technologies so facing a wide range of applications based on different technology platforms is something you see as an opportunity to learn and provide value. In general you have a great passion for software development.
On a normal day, you work within the context of the IT team and take on tasks and developing and/or maintaining applications supporting the MilDef business. You also take part of incident handling and other service requests that require your skill set.
Key responsibilities/your duties will include but are not limited to;
- Design, implement, deliver and maintain software applications that support MilDef organization to fulfill their missions as efficient as possible
- Perform manual and automated test to validate the correctness of the applications
- Troubleshoot and analyze issues reported by the business
- Contribute to the continuous improvement process to ensure an efficient software development process
- Maintain and automate the software development process so it is efficient and highly automated with CI/CD
- Modernize and migrate legacy applications to cloud solutions
- Within the IT team plan, software development activities for new applications requested by the business
- Together with the business suggest improvements on existing system
- Work together with external resources in different implementation project
Who you are today
The following list describes competence and experience that is relevant and necessary to succeed in the role.
- 5-10 years of experience as software developer
- Experience of full stack development
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft technology stack (C#, .NET, Azure DevOps)
- Experience in database design for SQL Server
- Experience in Python development
- Understanding and experiences with agile software development
- Great analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Experiences in working with cloud solutions and preferable Microsoft Azure
- Good understanding of the principles of DevOps
What you become a part of
MilDef offers an interesting role in an international company that are under substantial development with clear goals and visions. We care about our staff, conduct a structured introduction for all new MilDefers, and invest in skills development.
We strive for a balanced age and gender spread as well as an ethnic and cultural diversity.
The role is full time with location in Helsingborg and with a start date as soon as possible.
For further information, please contact Bengt Dahlgren, firstname.lastname@example.org
We apply a continuous selection and therefore welcome your application as possible, however, no later than 2021-09-17.