At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers. We believe that we can achieve world class solutions through dedicated people and continuous improvement of or our technology. We believe in a workplace characterized by diversity and together we can create a work environment that brings the best out of everyone. We are very positive that you want to contribute to our development, and that you want to develop within Kongsberg.
An exciting opportunity has arisen as Methods Developer, part of our Kongsberg Hydrodynamic Research Centre at Kongsberg Maritime in Kristinehamn. The team who develops and maintains the in-house developed software PropCalc needs to expand and is looking for a talented M.Sc. engineer with an interest in algorithm development and programming.
We are offering a possibility to join a small effective, dedicated and solution-oriented team. You should find it stimulating to face situations with no obvious answers or solutions where your creativity, problem solving skills and ability to collaborate is challenged. It’s essential that you can contribute in an analytical, precise, and creative way without losing focus on delivery.
As Methods Developer, the main objectives are focused on the business-critical system PropCalc used for sales, design and engineering of ship propulsion equipment. You will over time be familiar with tools related to all products and functions within the Propulsion & Engines business unit. We have interfaces to other sites and teams within Kongsberg as well as universities, joint industry projects, subcontractors, suppliers, and research organisations. Our projects have a wide range from strait forward bug fixing and service desk management, to development of new tools and functionality lasting over several years. You should easily and with enthusiasm be able to learn new subjects, test and implement ideas. Travelling abroad will occur.
- Communicate with stakeholders and develop and implement algorithms according to needs and demands.
- Take active part in product development
- Project lead in R&D and R&T projects
- Plan and execute PropCalc training courses
- Gain an overall understanding to predict future user needs and demands
Qualifications and experience
- M.Sc. degree in engineering
- Experience in algorithm development and programming
- Experience or high level of understanding in Hydrodynamics, CAD, Databases, CFD, FEM is an advantage
- High level of English, both written and oral
You are able to
- Act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- Use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- Analyse complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- Co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
Point of contact
- Rickard Gustafsson, PropCalc Manager and Numerical Analysis Specialist
- Göran Grunditz, Manager Hydrodynamics
- Julia Palmqvist, HR Specialist
Last day to apply 2022-01-16
For this position we work with personality and ability tests, which may be sent to you if you proceed in the process.
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace. Kongsberg Martitime has a commitment in Sustainable Development Goals and for us, the oceans and marine resources are important. We therefore strive to develop products that help reduce emissions and damage to life below water.
Kongsberg Maritime in Kristinehamn consists of 265 engaged people working with sales, research, development, construction, service and assembly of market leading solutions.
Kongsberg Hydrodynamic Research Centre (KHRC) is one of the world’s leading marine hydrodynamic research facilities, specialized in the development of marine propulsion systems including the design and testing of propellers, thrusters and waterjets.
+46 70 298 48 40
+46 72 392 23 14
+46 70 840 59 48