At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers. We believe that we can achieve world class solutions through dedicated people and continuous improvement of or our technology. We believe in a workplace characterized by diversity and together we can create a work environment that brings the best out of everyone. We are very positive that you want to contribute to our development, and that you want to develop within Kongsberg.
An exciting opportunity has arisen as Hydrodynamicist specialized in waterjet propulsion, part of our Kongsberg Hydrodynamic Research Centre at Kongsberg Maritime in Kristinehamn. We are looking for a talented engineer with a M.Sc. degree with a good understanding in hydrodynamic principles and CFD. We can offer you an opportunity to work in an environment close to research, combining numerical simulations and experiments. You will be part of a team of well experienced colleagues and have access to a strong CFD capability.
As Hydrodynamicist you will be working with design, prediction and analysis of our waterjet products, as well as contributing to our method development. In this position, you will have the opportunity to act as a hydrodynamic expert in quality investigations and a project lead for in-house model tests and full-scale measurement activities. Your expertise will contribute to our sales organisation where you transform customers’ requirements into efficient solutions where the performance is balanced in accordance with the customers’ expectations.
By testing and evaluating technical solutions in our own cavitation tunnels, we have a unique opportunity to deliver effective solutions to our customers. Our collaboration with research communities ensures that we are at the forefront of the technical development. You will have the opportunity to deliver and lead hydrodynamic research projects on time, quality and budget.
- Deliver hydrodynamic design for the waterjet products to fulfil customer’s requirements and expectations
- Ensure the quality of work is exemplary and following relevant processes
- Actively and continuously, work to improve the group’s methods and processes
- Be active in gaining knowledge of what is going on in the business in general to understand the customer’s existing and future requirements
- Deliver general hydrodynamic training within the company, including support to Sales with methods and tools
Qualifications and experience
- M.Sc. degree in engineering, preferable Naval Architecture, Marine Hydrodynamics, Technical Physics, Applied Mathematics or equivalent
- Understanding of hydrodynamic principles
- Experience with Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Experience in Hydroacoustic is meritorious
- High level of English, both written and oral
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- analyse complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
Point of contact
Olle Wennberg, Manager Propulsion Hydrodynamics
email@example.com, +46 70 211 30 69
Göran Grunditz, Manager Hydrodynamics
firstname.lastname@example.org, +46 70 298 48 40
Julia Palmqvist, HR Specialist
email@example.com, +46 72 392 23 14
Last day to apply 2022-01-16
For this position we work with personality and ability tests, which may be sent to you if you proceed in the process.
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace. Kongsberg Maritime has a commitment in Sustainable Development Goals and for us, the oceans and marine resources are important. We therefore strive to develop products that help reduce emissions and damage to life below water.
Kongsberg Maritime in Kristinehamn consists of 265 engaged people working with sales, research, development, construction, service and assembly of market leading solutions.
Kongsberg Hydrodynamic Research Centre (KHRC) is one of the world’s leading marine hydrodynamic research facilities, specialized in the development of marine propulsion systems including the design and testing of propellers, thrusters and waterjets.