MilDef develops rugged computers and electronics for the defense sector. We are a rapidly growing manufacturer operating in a global market. MilDef holds ISO certifications for Quality and Environment.
As a hands-on CIO with a keen business sense and analytical mindset, you know in your heart that IT is the backbone on which our operations run. Accessible and structured data is key for success. You see the importance of having the best systems available and know how to make that our reality. At the same time, you understand the cost and complexity of proprietary systems, and can balance cost versus benefit. In other words, you get the big picture, and you have the skills to navigate to where we need to go.
Since our business is based on trust, security and integrity of information is critical. Others may view you as slightly paranoid when it comes to protecting systems and data, but you care so deeply about those topics because they keep our company, employees, and customers, safe.
On a normal day, you do everything from creating maintainable information structures on SharePoint, evaluating technical solutions, documenting our cloud and on-premise policies, analyzing our internal data protection and security, and helping your team as they operate our systems and deliver world-class IT helpdesk.
We are on a growth journey, so be prepared to grow with the company.
The position is in Helsingborg, Sweden.
We believe you have several years’ work experience from a CIO or similar executive role in IT. Your knowledge of IT systems and IT infrastructure is excellent, and you have been heavily involved in designing/developing IT systems and planning/running IT projects.
You possess most, if not all, of the following:
- Solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting and business operations.
- Great analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- A strong strategic and business-oriented mindset.
- Good organizational and leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication abilities.
- Education in computer science, engineering or relevant field.
- Knowledge about GDPR.
- Experience with information security and related technologies.
Most likely you want to work in an organization small enough for your work to have great impact, yet big enough to make a real difference.
- Implement strategies for the IT department.
- Implement strategies for our IT systems, technology platforms, and processes.
- Implement strategies for security and data integrity.
- Select and implement suitable technology to support the business and optimize strategic benefits. This includes cloud vs. on-premise considerations.
- Design and customize IT systems and platforms.
- Plan the implementation of new systems and provide guidance to both IT staff and other staff within the organization.
- Approve purchases of technological equipment and software and establish partnerships with strategic IT providers.
- Plan and execute internal IT projects.
- Ensure we have the right IT to efficiently run our business.
- Run the daily operations for our IT department, together with our IT team.
- Contribute to corporate strategy in all domains, not just the one you are responsible for.
Our IT department is located in Sweden, but our users are located in MilDef offices in different locations and time zones.
We apply a continuous selection and therefore welcome your application at www.mildef.com as soon as possible, however, no later than 2018-06-30.
As we strive towards gender diversity, we especially welcome female applicants.